Membership of Warlingham Archery Club is open to all members of the community irrespective of ability. Our primary activity is target archery.
Becoming a member
Archery GB has published a set of 'Codes of Conduct' applicable to Members; Adult Archers; Junior Archers; Coaches and officials; and, Spectators, Parents and Carers. We expect everyone to comply at all times.
We recruit new members in one of the following ways:
- 1Introduction to Archery courses: where those new to archery will receive expert instruction and a general introduction to the modern sport of Archery. Courses are normally run twice a year (spring and autumn), conducted by our qualified coaches with use of our stock of high quality bows and accessories. Upon completion of the course, the trainee will receive a certificate confirming they have completed a course conducted under Archery GB guidelines and may join the Club.
To reserve a place on our Introduction to Archery course, please contact us.
- 2If applicants have formerly practised archery to an acceptable level (preferably as a member of an Archery GB affiliated club) they have the opportunity of joining. They may be subject to a trial shoot where their abilities and awareness of safety rules will be assessed by 1 of our coaches.
Note: Junior members over the age of 11 years are welcome but must be accompanied by a responsible adult if under 16 years.
The Club membership year runs from July to June and the Affiliations (county, regional and national) year runs from October to September. Discounts are given for both - dependant on when you join and also as described below. Subs can be paid by BACS, cheque or cash. The subscriptions for the forthcoming year are agreed at the AGM.
- 1Where there are two or more members at a single address, one of which must be an adult member, there is a discount of £5/adult and £2.50/junior (pro rata throughout year).
- 2Members attending full time education and residing away from home (e.g. at University) can also receive up to 50% discount on the Club subscription fee.
- 3Members joining throughout the year may receive pro rata discounts.
- 4Archers affiliated elsewhere (with Archery GB or World Archery) can become members of the Club by just paying the Club's subscription fee.
The Club Secretary will contact you when it is time to renew your membership and inform you the fees to be paid.
You must complete both form (link below) and payment - don't assume completing just 1 will be enough to renew your membership and affiliations. We need this form so we can comply with GDPR.
New member subscriptions
The fees you pay will depend on when you join the Club.
There are other discounts available, as described above.
Shooting fees at the field
£1.00 (usually free)
£0.50 (usually free)
There are 4 fee-free Sundays in the year: the AGM (June); the 3-way friendly (July); the Club Championships (September) and the Christmas Fun Shoot (December).
Non members (and affiliated elsewhere) may be asked to pay up to double the published shooting fee.
We are affiliated to the following county, regional and national organisations: Surrey, Southern Counties and Archery GB; respectively.
Page updated 30 October 2023